A Circle Leader is one who takes the lead in their own life to get out of poverty and change their life story.
Circle Leaders are individuals who are in generational poverty or situational poverty. They’ve tried their best and given it their all to improve the lives of themselves and their family.
A Circle Leader might be a mom with 3 children struggling to find flexible employment and childcare to make ends meet; a Circle Leader might be a set of grandparents in retirement trying to raise their grandchildren; or a Circle Leader could be a 2 parent household trying to raise their 4 small children but have struggled with homelessness, substance use, or health concerns. Oftentimes, families just need connections to resources, employment, and a supportive network of friends. This is what Circles provides to Circle Leaders.
At Circles Salt Lake, we are looking for committed and motivated individuals who want to provide a better future for their family.
A Successful Circle Leader will:
- Show up to weekly meetings and take advantage of available resources
- Set goals in order to make progress towards their individualized economic stability plan
- Act as a leader in their Circle and community
- Support other Circle Leaders and Allies
- Use their knowledge, skills, and voice to work on identifying and eliminating barriers that trap people in poverty
- Trust that their Allies and Circles support are on their team and want them to succeed
Benefits of Being a Circle Leader
- Choose your own goals to work towards
- Create your own individualized plan
- Learn and acquire new skills
- Gain access to community resources
- Fulfill your short term and long term dreams
- Make lasting and meaningful friendships
- Establish a healthy support network of people you can count on
- Improve your quality of life
- Gain economic stability
Interested in becoming a Circle Leader?
Fill out the form below for more info:
For other frequently asked questions, also check out our FAQs below the form.
By completing the form below, you’ll be entered into our secure, coordinated network of community resources, powered by Unite Us, that is available to help. Someone from our organization will contact you after you submit the form.